Friday, February 20, 2009

Top Ten Comic Book Movie Letdowns

Hi. I'm Madrox. I could make copies of myself. If I was that Madrox. Which I'm not. Here's my first list:

As a comic book movie fan, I find myself getting way too excited about upcoming comic book movies, even if they're about characters I don't like. Of course, that could lead to some serious let downs. To celebrate the possibility of the biggest letdown ever in Watchmen, I give you my Top Ten Comic Book Movie Letdowns

10. Catwoman - I didn't expect this to be good. But God knows I didn't expect it to be that bad.
9. The Incredible Hulk - This wasn't bad, really. But I thought it was a step backward.
8. V for Vendetta - It's a fine movie. If you ignore almost everything provocative about the book.
7. Swamp Thing - It looks and feels like it was made in 1952.
6. The Godfather 3 - Such a letdown, it makes the list without having half of the required characteristics.
5. Daredevil - Affleck should've been a warning. I didn't heed it, if it was.
4. X-men: The Last Stand - "Oh man, Iceman's gonna be awesome!" Didn't stop the poorly paced, poor decisions clusterfuck.
3. The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - Maybe the biggest "Great Book Terrible Movie" gap.
2. Spider-man 3 - Spider-man 1. Good! Spider-man 2. Great! So how could the same team mess up? Easily, apparently. Just give it a thousand villains. And I LIKED the dancing scene!
1. Batman Forever - Terrible. Not quite terrible enough to be awesome, like Batman & Robin. And it came right after Batman Returns, which makes it all the more shocking.

2 comments:

madrox said...

spider-man 3 was ok. but serously? awesome? it SHOULD'VE been awesome. it COULD'VE been awesome. but awesome it was not.

madrox said...

and misspelling seriously means I'M right.