Thursday, February 5, 2009

Dead Technology

Some things are just a waste of space. I like to point that out to people. Thanks to the internet; cell phones; and reality television, we hardly need any of those other things we used to rely on! One of my favorite things to do in life is point out these dead technologies to people who are using them, because there's nothing quite like pretending you know what you're talking about. That said, here are some very useful (ha!) tools that I often categorize as dead technology.

Landline telephones
White out
Manual vehicle transmissions
Cursive handwriting
Fax machines
Answering machines
Long division
Video controllers that plug into the system
Fire
MySpace

I feel like I'm forgetting some of my favorites, but I guess that's because they aren't worth remembering...

6 comments:

jacksomnambulist said...

Landlines, yes. Even moreso, payphones. They actually make me laugh when I see them.

Denny said...

But then what will gangsters and drug dealers use to avoid the fuzz?

Polinees said...

I'm a big fan of this list. Others I think you've mentioned include Paper Money and...well, Paper.

Michelle Suzanne said...

typewriters!

Cmvenable said...

I quite like fire, long division, cursive handwriting, and white out. Although I see a bit maybe where you're coming from. My roommate wants to get a landline...

Ambam said...

What about envelopes and stamps?