Saturday, February 21, 2009

Top EIGHT Second Tracks

People are always going on about what the best first track (or track ones) might be. Smells Like Teen Spirit? Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band? London Calling?
I say, who cares!? Track twos are where it's at! (Yeah, I just ended that sentence with a preposition!)
When I think track twos, I think rap. This is because almost every rap album I own begins with an introduction track. So here it is, top eight (yeah, i said it) second tracks...
Nas "NY State of Mind"
OutKast "Gasoline Dreams"
Tupac "All About U"
Notorious B.I.G. "Things Done Changed"
Dr. Dre "The Watcher" (Probably my favorite Dre song)
Eminem "Kill You"
Jay Z "December 4th"
Kanye West "We Don't Care" (can't find I source that isn't linked to the intro...)


So, why just eight? Is it because I can't find my Beastie Boys or Tribe Called Quest CDs? Yeah, it could be. So, let's hear it, what other two should have made the list?

No comments: