Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Top Bedtime Albums

So, I pretty much rock out all day long. I jam on the way to work, I listen to music while I teach (on days when it makes sense to do such things), I rock out on the way out of the parking lot, and then listen some instrumental stuff while I write in the evening. One of my other favorite times to listen to music is right before bed, while I am falling asleep. Picking the appropriate bedtime album is always an important, but tough, choice for me.

Here's the list (all on vinyl if possible, I normally fall asleep before it's time to flip to side B):
The Shins-Oh, Inverted World
Simon and Garfunkel-The Best of...
Radiohead-In Rainbows (or any of their stuff really)
Neutral Milk Hotel-In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
Bruce Springsteen-Nebraska
Tom Waits-Closing Time
Bob Dylan-Blonde on Blonde
The Assassination of Jesse James...OST-Nick Cave & Warren Ellis
Beach Boys-Pet Sounds
Magnetic Fields-69 Love Songs

5 comments:

Miss Barnett said...

What about okkervil river? They are a definite fave!

Denny said...

That's a good one. Which album though? I think I'd pick "The Stage Names".

Polinees said...

I usually have trouble falling asleep to music. Generally I have trouble falling asleep to anything at all. When I sleep to music it infiltrates my dreams. So things like Godspeed You Black Emperor make my dreams interesting, at least. ;)

Jack Frost said...

It's not easy for me falling asleep to music, but I can do it (long car rides, when I'm drunk, when I'm really tired). When I put something in myself, I prefer jazz. Miles Davis' Kind of Blue is probably my most played sleeping music.

madrox said...

Misfits - Static Age
Cave-In - Until Your Heart Stops
Husker Du - Land Speed Record
and that OMD song, Enola Gay.


Not really. I usually just use one or 2 songs. Those are typically

Beatles - Julia
Television - Adventure
Neil Young - Tell My Why